Friday, September 16, 2005

The entire youth ministry community in St. Louis is excited about Crossroads on Sept 23-25 in Steelville MO. I am too.

I was at the first one in 2003 where the attendance was kinda small and intimate -- and then last year I led the "house band" during the adoration time. It was an awesome night -- I'll never forget the bright moon that night reflecting the sun's light and Brian Niebrugge talking about how the blessed Mother Mary reflects the light of Christ in much the same way.

Except this year, I won't be there. I have prayed about it and instead, I am being called to a different place -- I'll be the host MC for the Shrine World Youth Days:
http://www.snowsyouthministry.org/worldyouthday.htm

It's two days of music and celebrating our faith with about 750 Jr High teens (Saturday) and 900 HS teens (Sunday). It's not quite as "intense" as some events I do like XLT or Life Really Matters or Steubenville -- its more like "hey isn't it cool, we're all Catholic, lets celebrate our faith, let's have fun" Somehow this is where I need to be this weekend -- I am getting excited -- though not quite all pumped. I will get there haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home