Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In the midst of a busy week -- St. Catherine's is having our parish mission -- the priests who are ministering have been awesome -- and I am gonna have to pass on their names -- except they are from Illinois, are Vincentians and are TWINS. In any case, they would probably tell you that its more important to be open to the message anyway. Which is: Let the light of Christ shine in our lives, and discover what gives us life and light so we can share it. There's more, but that's the basics.

Tonight to Pillar for their junior high night "Extreme", then a busy weekend.

Finally, I wrote something on OYM's web site last week -- gonna post it here:

Your Prayers Saved My Life
By Karl Zimmerman on October 3, 2006 - 8:59am.

A teen approached me last week and told me she prays for me every day. A good friend and core member just sent me a text message and told me they prayed a rosary for me. My youth minister and I prayed together in the parking lot last week. Complete strangers walked up to me at the Steubenville conference and told me they are praying for me.

This blog is really a simple thank you. Thank you for your prayers.

It has taken me a long time to realize this. But I now know everything I do in music, heck my life, comes from God’s grace. Your prayers literally carry me through everyday.

Many times I feel overwhelmed by the worries of the day or by the work, or the ministry I have been called to do. Somehow, in the midst of it, a peace comes, and an assurance that God is leading and guiding me, revealing his love and mercy no matter how broken I feel. God can take our lives and make them holy and whole. Maybe I don’t do much that is extraordinary, but what little I do that is good is due to your prayers and God's mercy.

Prayer is the most generous gift you can give. When you pray, it’s like you are using unseen laser weapons to defeat the power of Satan. If you REALLY want to do something special for someone, pray. You may be literally saving their life.

So my simple request: Please keep praying for me. I'll pray for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home