Monday, September 26, 2005

OK, I'm sold. I went into World Youth Days at the Shrine with mixed feelings -- kinda feeling like I would miss out on Crossroads and I surely did.

But there is no doubt this is where I was meant to be and what a blessing this weekend turned out to be. The Holy Spirit moved powerfully and I went along for the ride.

Part of it was the band.. the Big House Band of Fran, Theo, John/Ryan, Lisa and Bridget totally cooked all weekend. They kept me going all weekend. Their love, their support, their energy -- no joke -- was there all day both days.

Major props to Aaron Thompson and his band, especially Rebecca who sang at the Masses. They were stellar -- Aaron's voice and trumpet -- ohmigosh --heavenly. Awesome talent, humble man of God.

To Mike Patin from New Orleans, who has firy passion for the Lord, and is pretty funny too :).

But what stood out...

It was Mass! As cool as Eucharistic Adoration is (and it IS), Mass was AMAZING, INCREDIBLE both nights, especially Sunday night. Mass is supposed to be high point of our celebrations. To be sure, this one was. Part of it was I could say see teens from so many parishes I have played with/at before: St. Paul in Highland, St. Bruno's in Pinckneyville, St. Joe's in Farmington MO, St. Mary's in Chester, Holy Childhood in Mascoutah, St. Sabina's in North County -- just to name a few. I knew these teens, some of them before they were teens. Part of it was seeing them raising their hands during the Alleluia. Their voices and hands literally shook the Church on Blessed Be Your Name on Sunday night -- well, shucks, it was kinda emotional :'-). Praise God.

Pictures to come...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karl,

We missed you at CrossRoads but I am happy that you were where you were meant to be. We had rain and mud and fewer people but one heck of a good time. It's obvious that God had a plan for you and us this weekend and all we had to do was submit and serve.

Lar

9/26/2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger karl z said...

thanks, Lar -- the prayers went both ways and I definitely felt them from you guys. Thank you for your ministry with Crossroads and organizing an awesome event -- can't wait to hear more about how it went!

9/26/2005 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home