Monday, February 20, 2006

Four weeks from today, I'll be in Memphis -- for two reasons -- one, my day job has me there for a technical meeting. Two, me and the Big House Band are playing a reception, for which I get to learn a bunch of top 40 songs from just about the last 5 or 6 decades. A challenge, but a fun challenge.

Saw Matt Maher Saturday night. Matt is a great songwriter, no doubt, and a much more accomplished piano player than anybody knew for sure. But what struck most about his concert was how prayerful it was. Every song was really a prayer. The words of the tunes were displayed for all to see and we cold just sing along and pray. Matt is a blessing and a gift to the whole Christian community, but in a special way, for Catholic musicians who love the Lord, love the Church, but also love guitar band P&W. Thank you God.

On day nine, still holding strong :)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home