Saturday, May 06, 2006

A busy week and time for music -- played with Matthew Baute and company at the XLT anniversary Wednesday night -- Fr. Stan Fortuna came into town, played, sang, and prayed with the teens.

After, I was in awe a little sitting with him, Pete, Greg -- people who love the Lord and truly committed to serving the Lord. Fr. Stan talked about his passion for music and that was really the thing for a long time -- but Franciscan hints started coming from everywhere. He made the decision to join the Franciscans and was all ready to give up his music -- but their rules allowed their candidates to bring the tools of their trade. Like if I was carpenter, I could bring my hammer and nail gun, I guess.

Well, of course, Fr. Stan said I have all these guitars, bass guitars and amps, which one do I bring? All of them, they said. "All of them..?" So it became that Stan the musician became Stan the Friar Musician. As I say, I was mesmerized. I know he would say, hey brother, this was God working in my life. True enough. Still, I wish I had half of his passion and just 10% of his assuredness of knowing he is following God's call. There is a real beauty in religious life. But thats another blog, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home