Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We have so many things to be grateful for -- even when many things in our lives are a struggle (or just plain stink) -- so today, I am thanking God for my kids, my family, my friends, running water, a warm shower, the sunny day, my laptop computer, a roof over my head, mini-wheats for breakfast, and running shoes. A TV to watch football, and a guitar and voice to sing songs. A phone call from my sister, an instant message from some friends, and most of all, the gift of God's love, the ultimate blessing in my life.

I read an on-line encouragement about the 10th leper -- "weren't all ten healed?", Jesus asked. Yet only one came to give thanks and adore our Lord.

Today (and tomorrow for good measure and maybe more) I am not gonna criticize, nor complain, nor compare. I am just going to give thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home