Friday, July 20, 2007

Greetings party people in the place to be!

I hope you're all having a blessed day. If you are receiving this, you signed to be on my e-mail list OR I thought you might like to hear this kind of stuff haha (let me know if i was wrong :-O) -- But I do try to pray specifically for everybody I send this to every day, may God pour His love in your life!

First of all, the CDs are now available online at cdbaby.com (link through www.karlzmusic.com) or the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows Gift Shop in Belleville IL. Soon to be on I-tunes (approx one month), and at some other location TBD. So THAT's nice huh!

Schedule --
Upcoming dates:, not including the usual Noon and 6 PM Masses and youth night type stuff:

July 26, August 9, 23: XLT at St. Catherine's in St. Louis

September 7 Freeburg IL, St. Joe's Parish Festival time TBD, Concert
Sept 8 Hillsboro MO, Good Shepherd Church 5 PM Mass
Sept 14 St. Louis MO, Holy Trinity Church, Parish Festival, 8 PM Concert
Sept 29: Steelville MO, Crossroads Music Festival

Oct 20: (tentative) Paris TN, Youth for Life Rally

Dec 15: REAP Benefit Concert at DeSmet HS, St. Louis MO

I am missing some, but those are mostly pretty solid.

The CD --
Some notes about the new Love Will Lead Us Home CD that you may not know:

*The engineer who mastered the CD is Richard Dodd from Nashville TN. Richard is a true professional and actually won a Grammy Award for his mixing work on Tom Petty's “Wildflowers” CD. He also mastered the last two David Crowder Band CDs (A Collision and B Collision -- including "You Are My Joy"). He did an awesome job making the cymbals sizzle and the low end pound. Aside from his professional achievements though, the reason I asked him to master the CD is I read some quotes from him, that basically said, not every voice is great, some voices are interesting. Fits me pretty well haha.

*There are three “hidden” tracks on the CD. If you have the disk, you probably already found them. A little background: we played a silly game at an Our Lady of the Pillar Youth Ministry event last year where we wrapped some teens up with packing tape and then people threw Q-Tips at them. They wanted a song and me, Greg Hulub, and Matthew Baute basically made it up on the spot. It's what I like to refer to as “quality youth ministry”. Another track, “Swamp” is the name of a fictitious product we created at St. Clement Life Teen. It's like a liquid or aerosol that does everything. It's a symbol for what the world offers. What's in it? We don't know, it's SWAMP. But it doesn't compare to the living water offered to us by Jesus, the true thirst quencher.

* Oh, and that broadcasters voice you hear is co-producer Chris Miller. He has worked for radio stations all over the place, and still does voice-overs on media outlets, including the Missouri Lotto Numbers on Channel 5 in St. Louis every Wednesday night (yep, that's him)

That's all for now - e-mail me any time, I would love to hear from you guys. Many blessings to you! Pray for us too!

Your brother in Christ,
Karl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home