Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hey, I know it's been awhile since I posted, but it's been super busy.

Late Winter/Spring is the time when it seems like everything is happening. A few weeks ago, Paula had her choir dinner -- they did a performance four days in a row at her high school, and OMG, it was stellar. One of the guys, Ethan, I would have sworn he was Johnny Cash. And PZ herself, delivered this song called "Radical Dreamers", where she sang it partly in Japanese and part in English. I played guitar -- I think I was more nervous than almost any time I play, just because I had to stand there and play, haha. But her voice is so good, in that sweet soprano sort of way - well, needless to say, I am pretty proud of her. :).

Then last weekend. My other daughter Amy and her 8th grade class performed Godspell. The guy who played Jesus, his name is Brian, was awesome, as was her friend Theresa, who played John the Baptist. But man, Amy sang Bless the Lord My Soul and All Good Gifts, and Bless the Lord just brought the house down. She has more that rich alto, almost Gospel kind of voice. it was cool, and yeah I am pretty proud of her too. I was the sound man. I can't thank Marty and Kelly (and Cara and Melissa) enough for going to ALL those rehearsals. It was a gift for kids like Amy and Theresa especially, just to show the world who they are. it was cool.

Meanwhile, KZ and the Band played at the Belleville Diocesan Youth Conference. About 700 teens packed into the Collinsville Gateway Center. I am always a little in awe of standing there and leading prayer or song or both. But the teens were all there, singing and dancing and entering in. The Gospel Sunday was Luke 15 -- The Prodigal Son. And it seemed like the song, Love Will Lead Us Home stood out as the perfect theme song so we ended up praying it several times over the weekend. And of course, the theme was Cross Traning, so we played From My Knees alot. Plus the usual hits.

Many thanks to the band, Eric, Rick, Bridge, Chris, Pete, Paula, and Liz -- you guys were just money as usual. I love you all!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a good band there. Woof Woof!

4/16/2007 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home